Partners & Funding
The Cynefin project is run by a partnership led by Archives Wales, and also includes the National Library of Wales and People’s Collection Wales. Most of the funding is by the Heritage Lottery Fund but there is support also from The Welsh Government’s Museums, Archives and Libraries Division, the National Library of Wales and Archives Wales.
The project is grateful to the following for permission to use their data on this website:
- The parish boundaries used in the search interface has been provided by the Great Britain Historical GIS Project at University of Portsmouth, thanks in particular to Humphrey Southall, Chris Bennett, Paula Aucott and the Frederick Soddy Trust.
- The NLS OS 6inch (1897-1906) base map used for georeferencing has been provided by the National Library of Scotland
- The “Wales 1st OS (1868-1892)” base map has been provided by the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
- The Ordnance Survey 1:10,000 base map has also been provided by the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
- The images for the apportionment documents used by this project have been provided by the The National Archives.